Peregrine Comms Team Analyst
Peregrine Communications is a financial services PR and integrated marketing agency with over 20 years of experience. Our communications, design and digital teams sit across offices in New York and London to provide our clients in the asset management industry with a fully integrated service.
As a Comms Analyst, you will be a key member of the team, helping your colleagues provide PR and marketing solutions to clients. You will have exposure to a variety of experiences that will shape your media relations skills and your knowledge of the financial landscape. The position is designed to provide a thorough grounding in project management principles and prepare you for a career in this sector.
We are looking for a candidate who is a team player, organized and proactive. A background in finance is not essential, but an interest in finance and financial news is necessary.
During your time here, you can expect to work across a varied client and subject base, rotating between different account teams. You will support internal teams in their day-to- day client work and contribute to forward-looking initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing financial and asset management media for news trends.
- Clipping and summarizing client press coverage.
- Identifying specific journalists and media opportunities to engage with on behalf of our clients.
- Contributing to or leading research projects.
- Develop writing skills through the drafting of media pitches, press releases and media briefing notes.
- Honing project management skills through work with online tools such as Monday.com, aiding in the strategic prioritization of activities on accounts.
- Participating in internal strategy discussions by collecting and presenting research that contributes to the formulation of new ideas.
- Attending relevant client catch-ups and taking detailed notes.
- Drafting content for websites/email pitches/social media/blogs.
- Holiday: Five days over the set three-month period, excluding bank holidays.
- Birthday: Day off it falls on a weekday.
- Training: Can voluntarily take part in Zoom tutorials for industry websites like Roxhill and Signal AI. Additionally, as a firm we host ad hoc presentations related to the latest trends in marketing and communications and how to integrate social media and design work into projects. Recordings of these videos can be found on the firm’s Vimeo.
- Team building exercises: Ranging from the odd night out to attending industry events related to marketing, communications, technology, design and finance.