At Peregrine, our Account Managers are the lynchpins of account teams. They are the day-to-day leads on accounts, liaising with client contacts and taking charge of all activities. They are meticulous planners with an eye for detail and superb organizational skills. Our Account Managers need to have extensive media relations skills to help guide the junior team in making sure all deliverables are met on time and to exceptional standards. To deliver specialist marketing and communications strategies our team members need to be subject matter experts with experience in the investment management space and within that, the alternative investment industry.
At Peregrine we are a close-knit team and as such nobody is “boxed-in” to their role, there is a significant opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects and tasks. The core responsibilities of the Account Manager are listed below but these can be expanded or added to where appropriate.
- 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrable experience in investment management and related fields e.g. fintech, service providers etc.
- Substantial input to client planners - asses the actions on each planner – implement and oversee teams’ delivery
- Strong writing skills for content generation
- Ensure key messages are injected into all external content
- Host clients media interviews (trade/online and tier 1).
- Assess news stories unearthed by AEs/SAEs and highlight best ones to clients to include the underlying target journalists and storylines in 3/6-month Planner.
- Manage smaller clients self-sufficiently with regular advice from senior team and manage AEs/SAEs on these if required.
- Support on messaging creation by mirroring interviews, compiling all necessary information and making recommendations to senior team on direction of messaging.
- Participate in media training sessions
- Use personal media contacts to secure effective media relations
- Ability to pitch an exclusive media campaign
- Show an understanding of proactive/reactive media engagement
- Lead by example with phone pitching and email pitches
- Write solid first drafts of senior level editorial assignments
- Assist AD selling in digital services to clients
- Basic understanding of digital strategy - SEO, SEM, LinkedIn campaigns, Google Ads, and PPC
- Understand how HubSpot works
- Run internal planning meetings
- Advise team of deadlines – manage up and down. Ensure objectives are met flawlessly and on time.
- Understand business objectives
- Plan and manage own time
- Ambassador for the company
- Regular contact with digital team – forward work of interest
- Prepare ahead of meetings
- Record hours and expenses, promptly, accurately
- Time management on multiple accounts, using Monday.com
- Main day-to-day contact for client
- Understands clients, their market and competitors
- Consistently delivers to clients and maintains a good working relationship
- Generate new ideas and value-add initiatives –ensure regular contact on story angles, content creation, speaking opps
Account Management and strategic thinking/planning
- Manage projects and ensure implementation – review and edit all written materials developed by account team
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of client and objectives
- Look for ways to increase client satisfaction and flag
- Understand the need to achieve billable targets
- Develop proposal writing
- Contribute to pitch preparation & confident at discussing daily account management at pitch
- Clear communication & strong presentation skills
- Develop and maintain contacts
- Follow up on networking opps
- Recognise new business opps – work with AD to action
- Manage AE’s/SAE’s/Interns – ensure they meet deadlines and work effectively with journalists
- Positive relationships with team, proactively give constructive feedback