Peregrine Communications, the award-winning financial services marketing and communications agency, is looking for interns to join the team.
No specific qualifications or areas of study are required, instead you need a real interest in pursuing marketing communications as your choice of career, be able to learn fast from a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team and bring bags of enthusiasm to the role. An excellent grasp of the English language, both written and spoken, is required.
We are a team of 33 (in both London and New York) consisting of marketing communications specialists, researchers, investor relations specialists, designers, coders and videographers.
Peregrine works with an impressive array of asset managers including hedge funds, investment banks and private equity firms – we represent clients with a combined $500 billion of assets under management.
About the internship
During your time here, you can expect to rotate between different teams, supporting them in their day to day client work. Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing financial and asset management media for news trends
- Clipping and summarising client press coverage
- Helping identify specific journalists and media opportunities to engage on behalf of our client base
- Contributing to or leading research projects
- Writing first draft press release and briefing notes
- Helping organise events
- Video interviews
- Collaborating with the design team and other marketers
- Creating content for website/e-mail outs/social media/blogs
- Written work is engaging and accurate
- Shows more than one type of writing style - for example, casual tone as well as formal
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Good team working skills
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Good general organisation / project management skills
- Networking skills
- Shows initiative
- Pay: The position pays the NY’s national minimum wage
- Peregrine Fridays: Each Friday, we finish work for the day earlier than usual and kick back with a glass or two of ice cold beer / wine and socialise with our colleagues.
- Team building exercises: Ranging from the odd night out to attending educational exhibitions on themes relevant to our space: marketing, communications, technology, design and finance.
- Time pledge: We won’t waste your time here! There’s no danger of you sitting in a corner and being forgotten, the nature of marketing communications is that we need all available hands working on projects at all times.